Saturday, April 18, 2009

To Do.

I'm posting this here so that I can't back out. I haven't spent much time baking lately, aside from a mess of sourdough english muffins (easiest things ever!), mostly because work has been crazy and I'm dog sitting, so even the times I'm off work have been busy. But! I just turned in the last application/personal statement/request for funding thing that I have on the agenda until doing the whole grad app thing again next fall, so no excuses!

This week I will make Pain de Beaucair. I am reading a bunch of recipes, making sure my starter's hot to trot, and debating flour purchases. I will make at least one batch of pain de beaucair, preferably more than one in case I mess it up the first time, and I will take pictures and then post about it. If you don't see it here by Friday, please send me an email and ask me what I've been doing with my life that was so important I couldn't find the time to make bread. And then tell me that my answer isn't good enough.

The end.

2 comments:

Amy L said...

Wow, as Grandma Nancy would have said "Fancy Shmancy". What exactly is Pain de Beaucair? I'm here in KC visiting...that was a LONG drive!

[eam] said...

Talk to me about sourdough English muffins, sir. That is something I am interested in pursuing.